Yesterday as I was leaving the job site, after meeting with the plumber, I did my standard walkthrough. I noticed a dark spot on the unfinished wood mantle in the study. I walked over and was it was water dripping from above. I found a bucket and placed it to catch the water. The house was built in the early 1990's and had been unoccupied for 8 years. You never know what kind of issues will pop up. I got the plumber to turn off the water so we could assess the issue. We had to access from the wall behind the shower faucet inside the vanity, so today I had the carpenters remove all the drawer guides and cut a hole into the wall for the plumber.
I told the homeowners I could probably get the house in a condition to move furniture and boxes in but we would need a few more weeks before they live there. We will have a few things to finish up and a punch list to do. Pushing up the moving timeline due to his business travel schedule is understandable but not practical. So I continue to do my best to keep the job running smoothly.